The Birth Map – print PREORDER
About the Book
Midwives say The Birth Map is “the best birth plan they have ever seen, and we wish more women would do this”. Partners welcome the ‘if this, then that’ approach to support, and report the process helps them to feel included and less stressed. Others have described it as Revolutionary. Birth Mapping is about communication, understanding and preparation. Birth Mapping provides a personalised, realistic and reassuring foundation for this important life event.
THE BIRTH MAP takes you through the Informed Birth Preparation process, helping you to understand and determine the decision points in birth and prepare for life with a baby.
What is inside?
- Informed Decision Making
- What to expect from standard pregnancy care
- Creating your Birth Map
- General Considerations for birth, each stage of labour, caesarean, post birth
- Example map
- Space to summarise your informed decisions
- Beyond the Birth – what do you really need, what is normal?
- A glossary of medical terms
- Recommended Resources and Support Services for special circumstances.
There is more to this book than meets the eye. A wealth of resources and support is made available to you, in the free member area on Catherine Bell’s website. An optional monthly newsletter keeps you up to date. Catherine created this space as an alternative to social media: free of trolls and data mining, full of evidenced based information and genuine support. This is Your Birth. Your Way. No Matter What.